undoing unlink(2)?

Chris Grevstad chris at minnie.UUCP
Fri Mar 28 09:17:56 AEST 1986

Running 4.2BSD on Integrated Solutions 68000 machine.

In many programs, there is a need of a temporary file that goes away
when the program exits.  This is usally accomplished by unlinking
the file after a successful open() or fopen().

What I am interested in is a way to undo the unlink() or in some
manner relink the file into the directory.  I understand that VMS
has a flag to open() that indicates the file should be unlink on close().
That would suit me just fine here.

Please E-Mail any suggestions.

Thanks.

--
	Chris Grevstad
	{sdcsvax,hplabs}!sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!chris

   "No, I'll tell you the truth.  She was a striptease dancer.  I saw
    her first in an obscene movie, one of those things in obscenacolor.
    Naked of course. They had a Kodiak bear strapped to a table, muzzled..."