UNIX Futures

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Wed Mar 26 08:31:37 AEST 1986

In article <6534 at utzoo.UUCP> henry at utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
>The fact is, *both* job control and shell layers are brain-damaged.  Both
>do the easy part of multiplexing -- centralized input administration --
>without the hard part -- centralized output administration.

You should be careful with these ideas, Henry:  someone is liable
to use them.  I know *you* would never actually suggest something
like this, but now someone will hack up 4.XBSD to remember what
each processes' screen looks like and redraw it when you `fg'!
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1415)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu