UNIX Futures

Geoff Kuenning geoff at desint.UUCP
Wed Mar 5 06:32:42 AEST 1986

In article <1199 at ulysses.UUCP> ggs at ulysses.UUCP (Griff Smith) writes:

> It's also nice to be able to stop things some times...
> I also like having the
> option of stopping a suspected run-away process instead of blowing it
> out of the water.  Would you drive a car without brakes?

The reason Dennis Ritchie qualifies as a genius is because when we say
"it sure would be nice to..." to him, he responds "yup, sure would"
instead of "hey, yeah, I'll go hack it in."

DISCLAIMER:  I've never met DMR;  I'm just making a point here.  Read his
paper on streams to hear in his own words how incredibly hard it is to
come up with a simple unifying concept instead of a bunch of hacks like BSD.
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	{hplabs,ihnp4}!trwrb!desint!geoff