ADB

Philip Peake philip at axis.UUCP
Thu Mar 6 20:49:06 AEST 1986

In article <302 at batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU> hurf at batcomputer.UUCP (Hurf Sheldon) writes:
>I could use some hints on using adb to punch a value to a real
>address or if there is another way. We have a dzq board & the current Ultrix
>driver does not zero the interrupt register. One suggested fix
>was the above mentioned in a script with a 15 sec sleep loop. Seems crude
>Is there another approach?
>
>any & all comments appreciated

I suggest that you hang/shoot/drown or otherwise dispose of the
idiot who suggested such a disgusting idea !

The real answer is to *NEVER* buy anything in binary form. UNIX works
in the way it does simply because when things don't work it is possible
to fix it (correctly). If you *must* buy binaries, then do so from
someone you can physically get hold of when they don't work.

If it's a DEC driver shout at them, if not shout at whoever sold you
the driver.

Philip

(sorry I seem so agrevated, but these sort of problems really are avoidable)