rdump problems

Ruth Moulton ruth at wcwvax.UUCP
Tue Mar 25 20:26:16 AEST 1986

some weeks ago Barry Shien posted an article describing problems with
rdump getting 'connection lost' message during a longish dump to the
VAX/750.

The MG-1 has the same problem, but it happens between MGs as well so
I suspect it is not the vax as such but it is 4.2.
Barry asked for fixes, I haven't seen
any go by but I often miss bits of news - if there are any fixes
could someone please mail me or repost them

I have started to look at the problem, and so far have only got as
far as determining that connection is dropped because of retransmission
time out..

Thanks in advance.

Ruth Moulton

Whitechapel Computer Works		Email:	..seismo!mcvax!ukc!wcwvax!ruth
Whitechapel Rd,.
London EC1 1DU				Phone:	(+44) 01 377 8680
England				        Telex:  885300