Disappearing disk space (V6 & V7)

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Sun Mar 23 01:23:27 AEST 1986

A few months back I initiated a discussion in this newsgroup about
disappearing disk space.  Apparently both V6 and V7 have bugs that
can cause files n bytes long to own many more than (n+511)/512 blocks.
I have just posted a program to net.sources (written for V7 by Fred
Toth and modified for V6 by me) which finds such files, so you can
delete them and free up the space.  It just found 5300 blocks for me
this morning.  Thank you, Fred.

--
Larry Campbell                                 The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: maynard.UUCP:campbell at harvard.ARPA       120 Fulton Street