"sdb" vs. "dbx"

Roy Binz reb at fred.UUCP
Fri Mar 21 03:19:05 AEST 1986

> From what I can tell, the only thing "sdb" can do which "dbx" cannot is to
> dump the machine registers; you can examine individual registers, but
> there's no command which dumps them all.  This would be convenient, and
> could probably easily be added to "dbx".
>
> 	Guy Harris
> 	{ihnp4, decvax, seismo, decwrl, ...}!sun!guy
> 	guy at sun.arpa	(yes, really)

The other one, and the one that annoys me most, is the inability to disassemble
a procedure starting at a given source line.  Having ported DBX to the 68000,
am I a fairly sure that this does not exist, but somebody knows how to do it,
please reply to me by email.

	Roy Binz
	{ucbvax, hao, allegra}!nbires!fred!reb