trouble with socket

lin%carcvax.uconn.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa lin%carcvax.uconn.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Sun Mar 9 17:52:43 AEST 1986

we use sockets(data stream with unet and inet under 4.2)
for processes communication. At the very beginning, it gave
us much troubles and crashed the system very often. Right now
it is better, but we still have some questions.

1. On inet domain(data stream), when a socket is closed the system can
   still transmit data between the original sockets. I have to wait for
   a long time if I still have to use the same port numbers for next
   socket connection.  I got "the address already used". Is there any
   way to solve this error? (Dynamic port assigment for each connection
   is not suitable for me.)

2. When using socket with inet for connection, the connection side is doing
   connection and waits for listening side to accept. Before the
   listening side answers, can the process that is still
   doing connection be able to  receive any SIGINT interrupt
   from the other processes? It may cause "BROKEN PIPE" error.

3. The listening process will cause "BROKEN PIPE" when this process
   is listening  and an interrupt comes in(The same problem as item 2
   for listening process).