System V and SIGCLD

Nigel Holder Marconi nwh at hrc63.UUCP
Wed May 14 22:37:18 AEST 1986

In article 3994 (Simon Brown @ Comp. Sc., Edinburgh Univ., Scotland)

>Actually, the union doesn't just "happen" to begin with an int - it
>*has* to for compatibility with the Version-7 wait(), which was just
>like:  ...

The problem with relying on it being compatible with version 7 is
that one day someone may just remove the int part of the union since
it has no comment to state why it is there !
Its probably the 'cat -v considered dangerous' syndrome I'm trying to
put across.

I'm sorry about naf mailshot layouts but its rather a torturous route
to get to usenet for me !