Sys V Messages

dbmk1 at stc.co.uk dbmk1 at stc.co.uk
Mon May 12 21:21:46 AEST 1986

System V Uniplus 68000 version as supplied by Root computers.

I'm currently playing around with messages and am having trouble.
Despite having specified IPC_NOWAIT in the msgrcv call the receiving process
is hanging despite the fact that a message is waiting.
If I direct the receive process to an empty queue then I get error 35 back
as expected.
I'm using msgtyp 0 (next message on queue) for the msgrcv call.

Are there any known funnies/bugs/gotchas in this area or do I assume my usual
level of ignorance is excelling itself this time.

Replies by whatever means you think appropriate.
--
Regards
  Derek                   !seismo!mcvax!ukc!stc!dbmk1

If anyone wants these opinions they're free, and worth what you pay for them