terminfo, termcap, etc

Kenneth Ng ken at njitcccc.UUCP
Tue May 20 04:15:06 AEST 1986

In article <1119 at whuxl.UUCP>, mike at whuxl.UUCP (BALDWIN) writes:
> Give me a break.  The format is documented and easy to parse, and anyway,
> with SVR3 you get the infocmp(1) program, which dumps a terminfo entry
> in a form suitable for editing and recompiling via tic(1).  What the
> hell more do you want?  And my 5620 terminfo entry works fine (I'm using
> it right now).
System five release three? That is a new one on me.  Anyway, how
about all those people who have release 2 who don't have
infocmp(1)? I just ran a search of the entire file system
and didn't find anything by that name. Furthermore, how about
putting some more meaningful error messages into tic(1)?
I have yet to find a single error message run tic with -v9.
Terminfo is a great product, but it would be really useful
if there were a utility to convert ALL of termcap into terminfo,
especially the translations into RPN in the cursor addressing.

--
Kenneth Ng: uucp(unreliable) ihnp4!allegra!bellcore!njitcccc!ken
	    bitnet(prefered) ken at njitcccc.bitnet

New Jersey Institute of Technology
Computerized Conferencing and Communications Center
Newark, New Jersey 07102

Vulcan jealousy: "I fail to see the logic in prefering Stan over me"
Number 5: "I need input"