Need help with mail gateways

Valdis Kletnieks $VK0%CLVM.BITNET at wiscvm.wisc.edu
Fri May 2 02:52:06 AEST 1986

I hope somebody has an answer to my problem.

We are running a port of 4.2BSD (UTX/32 1.2) on a Gould PN/9080.  We recently
got the UREP package working to connect to our IBM system.  What we need
now is:

1) A sendmail.cf that will handle BITNET addresses, and gateway the stuff
accordingly.

2) It would help if the rulesets would also provide for a planned link
into the Milnet, and handle the new domains... but not route stuff into the
bit bucket right now - i.e. if it understands Arpa stuff, it should return it
as undeliverable for now.

3) It is also possible that we will have a network of Sun/3 systems on an
Ethernet - it wold be nice if these were handled also.

4) Now if we got a Usenet connection.. Any volunteers in northern NY (Syracuse
or points north would be nice - I'm willing to foot the phone bill).
Also, could the 'maintainers' (if any) of Usenet send me info on needed
software?

Point (1) is a must, and anything on points (2) and (3) would help.
Point (4) is a wish-list item.  If anybody has a WORKING system that does
(1-4) above on a Berkely system, I'd be VERY glad to hear from you...

                      Valdis Kletnieks
                      Systems Programmer
                      Educational Resources Center
                      Clarkson University
                      Potsdam, NY  13676
                      (315) 268-2292

                      BITNET: $VK0 at CLVM
                      ARPA: $VK0%CLVM at WISCVM.ARPA     (old style)
                            $VK0%CLVM at WISCVM.WISC.EDU (new style)
                      UUCP: {pur-ee,ccvaxa,sun}!gould!clutx!vk0
                              decvax!sii!trixie!gould!clutx!vk0
                      ICBM: 044N 40 075W 00