Need help with curses

Rich Zellich zellich at almsa-1.arpa
Tue May 13 23:43:11 AEST 1986

We had the same problem when moving some code from a VAX running BSD 4.2
to a couple of microcomputer versions of UNIX.  The solution in our case
was simply to change wclear calls to werase calls.  wclear will always
cause the screen to be cleared, even when it shouldn't, on certain brain-
damaged curses implementations, and werase never does (wclear is stated to
clear the screen only when the window in question is the whole screen,
but it just doesn't work that way; werase does not set the clear-screen
flag at all, and turned out to be safe in all cases we have encountered
so far).

Cheers,
Rich