issig message

eichelbe at nadc.arpa eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Wed May 7 00:45:58 AEST 1986

	I am running a 4.1 BSD UNIX system on a VAX 11/780.  I recently saw the
single word "issig" written to the /usr/adm/messages (error messages, etc.)
file.  The message comes from the module "sig", which is compiled as part of
vmunix.  The "issig" message has something to do with a process being traced.
I don't know what a process being traced means and why I got the issig message.
Can anyone shed some light on this?  If the message can be printed for a number
of reasons, just give me some scenarios.

	Thank you.
		Jon Eichelberger
		eichelbe at NADC.ARPA