Large-scale project info needed

Sam McCall - Hacker In Residency cccsam at ucdavis.UUCP
Wed May 7 01:02:12 AEST 1986

A group of us here at ucdavis have decided to undertake
implementing a relatively large game implementation on
4.2BSD, using sockets, termlib, etc.

what we wanted to find out is how people on the net go
about implementing a complex project, and what the major
considerations that go into it are.

for example, how much should we worry about portability
to other unix systems? what about robustness, and how much
can we rely on the curses stuff? since sockets are 4.2 specific,
are files alright for inter-process communications? how
much time can we expect to spend implementing this, and
what legal ramifications are there to implementing an already
existing game?

please mail to me, and if response is great enough, i will
summarize and post.  thanks in advance!

--
-sam mccall
-unix consultant