terminfo, termcap, etc

geoff at desint.UUCP geoff at desint.UUCP
Sun May 25 05:47:56 AEST 1986

In article <1124 at whuxl.UUCP> mike at whuxl.UUCP (BALDWIN) writes:

> The user gets to yell and scream, but I don't?  Feh.
> If you talk reasonable, so will I.

Not to sound like an IBM fan (I'm not), but the reason IBM is #1 is because
they let the user yell and scream, and they talk reasonably back.  It's called
"smoothing ruffled feathers".  It may be satisfying to yell back, but that's
just going to make the customer go away.  IBM didn't get to be #1 in
sales by losing customers.

I've directed followups to this to net.unix only, on the theory that the
unix-wizards and info-terms folks don't want to be bothered.
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	{hplabs,ihnp4}!trwrb!desint!geoff