SUN UNIX 3.0

art at acc.arpa art at acc.arpa
Tue May 6 04:09:09 AEST 1986

Does anyone have any information or experience regarding the general
health of stream-mode, unix-domain sockets under Release 3.0 of SUN
UNIX?  We are helping some folks port an application from a BSD 4.2
VAX 750 to our SUN-3/160.  The application appears to run fine on the
750, but on the SUN, the processes seem to have problems trying to
rendevous at each others sockets.  Occasionally everyone comes up
and all appears to run fine, but usually the rendevous fails.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

					<Art at ACC.ARPA>

------