VAX NFS vs. Sun large winchester

Grenville Whelan gdw at sslvax.UUCP
Sat May 24 03:52:28 AEST 1986

At present,we have 2 Vax 750s and 17 Sun workstations on a single ethernet
network. We wish to increase the amount of disk storage available to the Suns
(16 2/50s and 1 1/60), and have the following options :-

   i)  Buy a large Sun winchester, and use Sun NFS for mounting on all Suns.

   ii) Wait for a good NFS for the Vaxes to come on the market, and use Vax
       disk store on the Suns.

Are there any pro's and cons to either of these options ?? Is anyone out there
successfully running NFS on a Vax, or using a large Winchester on Suns ??
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Grenville Whelan.