terminfo, termcap, etc

mesans mesans at uvicctr.UUCP
Thu May 22 15:23:44 AEST 1986

Thinking of Terminfo,  I have a question about using it on a Berkley
4.2 System (Vax 11/780).  Just over a year ago we got a copy of CCA
EMACS here.  When I have my term type set to anything but VT100 however
(there are a few other valid terminal types, but we don't have them),
it screems at me that it cannot find a terminfo entry (which is
reasonable, considering we are using termcap instead).  I have my
own VT220 termcap entry (uses Highlight, instead of inverse, etc.),
which I much prefer.  Does anyone have any suggestions, or am I stuck?

                        Many thanks,

                              S. John Banner

   PS. Will sumarize if intersest is there.  sjb.

CCSJB at UVVM   (Bitnet)
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!uvicctr    (UUCP)  (I hope this is right, I am new
                                      at this,  the Bitnet address is).