help needed with vax780, 4.3 and delua board

David Parter david at rsch.WISC.EDU
Tue Nov 4 04:36:13 AEST 1986

help! We have installed dec delua ethernet boards in most of our
vaxen (780s, 750s), with no problems. However, one 780 is not
cooperating.

with the delua as the first board in the unibus, shortly after
ifconfig'ing it, the vax gives the following error mesasage:

	uba0: uba error sr=10<IVMR> fmer=0 fubar=774510

77450 is the address of the delua. Once the error starts, it is
given every few seconds with the machine single-user.

When we had the board in a different slot, the error would occur
during autoconfiguration.

the unibus also has 1 dz, 2 dh/dm's, and 2 proteon cards (10 mbit
and 80 mbit). Removing the other boards doesn't help. Trying a
different delua also doesn't help.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

	--david