Need UNIX VMEbus system recommendations

Tad Marko tad at killer.UUCP
Tue Nov 25 13:37:38 AEST 1986

I'm planning on purchasing a UNIX system in about 12 months or so, and
right now I think I want a VMEbus based system.  I'm sure I want a 68k
series CPU, either a 68020 or 68030 (unless somebody has a good reason
why either of those would be too much over kill for just 4 to 8 users,
but I like overkill :-).  Basically, the only reason why I say VMEbus
is that is what I hear a lot of, so I'm still open to suggestions.  It
is also immaterial whether it's for BSD or Sys V, unless, of course,
someone can enlighten me to be biased about which one I'd rather have.

Any suggestions, especially those that include manufacturers addresses,
or at least their names, will be greatly appreciated.  I'd like to hear
any other thoughts or suggestions that anyone might have on this subject.

--
Tad Marko
..!ihnp4!killer!tad		||	..!ihnp4!alamo!infoswx!ntvax!tad

	"...a big hello to all intelligent lifeforms everywhere...
	and to everyone else out there, the secret is to bang the
			rocks together, guys."