Slaying Gould dragon with a wooden

hudson huds at ur-tut.UUCP
Thu Nov 27 07:57:48 AEST 1986

In article <42081 at beno.seismo.CSS.GOV> rick at seismo.CSS.GOV (Rick Adams) writes:
>Considering the big deal Gould has made over "challenging hackers" to
>break into their systems and having no successful breakins, you'd
>think they'd put up real money.
>
>If your system is that secure, why don't you offer say $20,000 for a
>legitimate bug in the system (no operator error type problems). Then,
>some of the more talented people who wouldn't waste their time over
>some chocolate or a TV might take an interest.

Oh come on! Give it a break,  it's quite clear that they already have enough
of our attention. I don't think $20k would buy them that much
more publicity (the REAL point to this whole adventure).

A. Hudson

[seismo | decvax | allegra]!rochester!ur-tut!huds	USENET
ur-tut!huds at rochester.arpa				ARPA