VI(1) vs. the world

Andy Rosen arosen at ulowell.UUCP
Fri Oct 10 19:55:29 AEST 1986

In article <672 at zeus.UUCP> bobr at zeus.UUCP (Robert Reed) writes:
>In article <357 at maynard.UUCP> campbell at maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) writes:
>>The only use I can find for vi is editing the EMACS sources while I'm
>>porting them to a new machine.
>
>Here, here!  That's about all I ever use vi for also.

I couldn't live without emacs BUT vi is a lot faster starting up, mainly
with small files (at least on the 4 different UN*Xes I've used).  So,
I always use vi when playing with ~/.login, etc.
I always use emacs when doing any kind of software development.

UUCP  : wanginst!ulowell!arosen	  disclaimer:
USnail: Andy Rosen		    if ($opinion == liked) then
	ULowell, Box #3031	      set credit = $mine
	Lowell, Ma 01854 	    else (set credit = $his ; unset opinion)
				    endif