request for info on at&t 7300 unix pc

Darryl P. Wagoner dpw at rayssd.UUCP
Wed Oct 1 00:19:04 AEST 1986

> In article <5466 at decwrl.DEC.COM>, draper at tallis.dec.com writes:
> >
> > i was at a computer show saturday ---- vendor had an at&t 7300.
> >
> > 	system v release 2 unix (upgrade to release 3 available at no
> > 		additional cost)
>
> Beware, what att calls release 3 for the 7300 is still SysV.2, just upgraded
> to fix some earlier bugs. So don't expect rfs, streams, etc. There
> are a lot of Berkleyism such as shared libraries (not SysV.3 version)
> and tcp/ip support that you do get.

Worst than that!  The Unix PC is SVR1.? version 3 with Berkleyism (thank
goodness).  Berkley doesn't have shared libraries that I know of.  From
what AT&T has told me the Unix PC is closer to SVR3 and is move in that
direction.

Software wise the Unix PC is a fairly sound system, but the hardware is
a piece of junk.  I had a problem with the monitor, system board and
power supply. They never did fixed the monitor!  I kept calling and they
stalled until it was out of warranty.  They even close the ticket twice
without me every seeing a tech.

	Darryl Wagoner
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x4089

best path             {allegra|gatech|mirror|raybed2}  ---------\
next best             {linus|ihnp4|pyrbos} ---------------------->!rayssd!dpw
if all else fails     {brunix|cci632} -------------------------/