uupick on hp 550 running hp-ux

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at BMS-AT.UUCP
Sat Oct 18 13:20:37 AEST 1986

In article <17 at cogent.UUCP>, mark at cogent.UUCP (Mark Steven Jeghers) writes:

> one received file at a time and asking what to do with it.  THe problem
> is that whenever I tell it where to move the file to, I am told that that
> directory cannot be accessed.

Our SCO Xenix system had the same bug.  The problem is that uupick was
written as a shell script and all the public directories were owned
by uucp with no write permission for 'other'.  I fixed the problem by
changing the permissions on all public directories to 777.  There is still
a problem when new public directories are created, but I can fix those
as they come along.  The real solution is to write a suid version of uupick
in 'C' or to fix whoever creates the default permissions and owners.
--
Stuart D. Gathman	<..!seismo!{vrdxhq|dgis}!BMS-AT!stuart>