SUNs With HP systems

Ned Danieley ndd at duke.UUCP
Sat Oct 4 03:01:26 AEST 1986

In article <8609301628.AA13548 at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> yi at wisdom.BITNET (Jacob Itzikowitz) writes:
>Would appreciate any experience information in regards to these two
>types of systems working together with Ethernet and NFS. Thank You.
>Yaakov Itzikowitz
>Site & System Manager

I would also be interested in the above requested information. In
addition, I would be interested in any information regarding the
usefulness of HP workstations for doing a lot of monochrome graphics
in a network environment. The question includes how good HP-UX is,
how good their windowing software is, how quickly the system can
get data from local disk and display it (clearly a difficult and application-
dependent question, but any info would be welcome) and how quickly
I could access data across Ethernet from a server. When you get right
down to it, do we spend our money on Suns or HPs?

Ned Danieley
Duke University Medical Center
decvax!duke!dukebar!ndd