VI(1) vs. the world

Michael Yoffee mjy at galbp.UUCP
Thu Oct 23 05:14:35 AEST 1986

> What version of EMACS do you use that doesn't have regular expressions?

.......the version I was using was Revision 18.3 EMACS from Prime on a
Prime 9950 under Primos 19.3.  Admittedly, this was 2 years ago and more
than likely - Prime has migrated regular expressions to their version of
EMACS by now.

	However, I still prefer regular expressions as they are
implemented in VI(1), EX(1), and oh yea, lets not forget an old favorite
called ED(1).  By the way, isn't there something to be said for 3 different
editors based on the same command-line edit syntax?

Regards!
Mike
--

Michael Yoffee
Harris / Lanier

"These concepts fill a much needed gap..." - [Ken Thompson]