editor reverse line bet

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Sun Oct 12 08:49:51 AEST 1986

In article <4508 at brl-smoke.ARPA> KEN%ORION.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU (Kenneth Ng) writes:
>                     ...  What I'd really like to see is an editor
>that has the repeat edit facility of vi, combined with the macro
>editor capabilities of XEDIT.  Also, I'd like to see an editor
>which minimizes screen updates, like WordStar.  Are there any?

EMACS is all this and more.  And the best implementation of EMACS,
Gnu EMACS, is free.  Unfortunately, I can't use Gnu EMACS because
it's too big to run on an Intel pseudo-computer.  But it is the best.

I use Jove, a very nice EMACS subset that's small enough and fast
enough to run on the Intel "architecture".
--
Larry Campbell            MCI: LCAMPBELL   The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp at harvard.ARPA   120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109