Seeking a Development Environment (Sun?)

Kilmer.Wbst at XEROX.COM Kilmer.Wbst at XEROX.COM
Tue Oct 21 23:30:50 AEST 1986

I haven't yet seen a discussion of the Sun (110 or 160) vs Masscomp
5300P or 5400P systems. We are looking at both. A brief summary of our
impressions for advantages of Masscomp is that it is a faster machine
rated from 1.7 to 2.3 MIPS in these two configurations, has more
available slots in the lower cost models (5300P has 2, 110 has only 1),
has 2 more color planes, two frame buffers in the display system, is
more upgradable and has a good set of hardware support for graphics (fp
and fp accelerator).  However, we do have a concern over a perceived
downtime problem with the Masscomps. I would be very interested in other
impressions of this system and its comparison to Sun.

Mary Russell
Xerox Corporation