System V and SIGCLD

Naim Abdullah naim at nucsrl.UUCP
Thu Oct 2 08:48:23 AEST 1986

Bob Lenk writes:
>Also, the
>precise semantics of how SIGCLD is "queued" do not agree between System
>V documentation and implementation, so there could be disagreement on
>what to standardize.

Could you explain this a little bit further ? In what way, does the
implementation differ from the documentation ?

I have a stake in SIGCLD because one fairly large program that I have
written depends upon SIGCLD (although I was aware of the warning I
didn't see how I could duplicate the asynchronous notification by
any other (reasonable) means; any ideas out there ?)

        Naim Abdullah,
	Dept. of EECS,
	Northwestern University,
	ihnp4!nucsrl!naim