Unix box for $10 a month! Is this a scam?

Franklin Reynolds frankr at oz.UUCP
Wed Oct 29 02:09:07 AEST 1986

In article <1637 at ncoast.UUCP> btb at ncoast.UUCP (Brad Banko) writes:
>Has anybody heard of, or actually have one of the Symmetric 375 machines
>from SYMMETRIC Computer Systems, San Jose?

I am pretty sure I saw them at UNIXEXPO `85. At the time they were selling
their box for ~$10k. At the time it seemed like a pretty good deal. I didn't
spend a lot of time checking it out, but it seemed to run 4.2. I was
impressed. $5k sounds like an excellent deal to me.

Franklin Reynolds
EnMasse Computer Corp.
decvax!linus!alliant!enmasse!frankr
seismo!harvard!rclex!enmasse!frankr

(The opinions expressed above are my own.)