Slaying Gould dragon with a wooden horse

ricker ricker at bunker.UUCP
Fri Oct 31 03:44:57 AEST 1986

>dpw at unisec.UUCP (Darryl Wagoner) wrote in article <161 at unisec.UUCP>:
> ... Is using a trojan horse a legit way to break into a system?

I think that Darryl's security-cracking technique just emphasized what any
competent system administrator knows--that hardware and software technology
alone are not the only components of a security and cannot be relied upon
exclusively.

He was smart enough to spot the weakest link in Gould's security--the people.

They should have given him the prize!!!

Ricker