3b2's and elec. codes

Mark Steven Jeghers mark at cogent.UUCP
Tue Oct 28 04:18:16 AEST 1986

In article <105 at houligan.UUCP> dave at murphy.UUCP (Lerxt) writes:

>must have at least *two* mechanisms for shutting off the power (switch,
>circuit breaker, plug that can be pulled from an outlet, etc.).  These
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have had to pull our 3b2's plug many times because the automatic
powerdown sequence failed to work.

>4.  The cutoff must be "reliable", which means that it is capable of
>interrupting the load and that the probability of the cutoff failing to
>work when activated is low.

The 3b2's shutdown is *not* reliable, or else we wouldn't be forced to
pull it's plug so often.

p.s. in light of the grossly disappointing performance of the 3b2, we
     are now quite happy to pull it's plug ... permanently.  (Flames
     from AT&T will be discarded so save your breath, guys.)
|     Mark Steven Jeghers - the living incarnation of "Deep-Thought"         |
|     ("You won't like the answer ... you didn't ask it very well.")         |
|     {ihnp4,cbosgd,lll-lcc,lll-crg}|{dual,ptsfa}!cogent!mark                |
|     "A poodle-free world within a decade.  We can do it...together!"       |
| Cogent Software Solutions can not be held responsible for anything said    |
| by the above person since they have no control over him in the first place |