SysV on VAX 780

Karl Kleinpaste karl at cbrma.UUCP
Fri Oct 10 02:08:04 AEST 1986

In article <1340 at trwrb.UUCP> moline at trwrb.UUCP (Dan Molinelli) writes:
>A friend is trying to bring up System V on a VAX 780. He doesn't
>have a KMC11 or a DMC11 - he only has DZ11s. (Autoconfig barfs when
>he trys to tell it to use a DZ11 for the tty drivers.)
>
>Has anyone ever booted SysV on a 780 with a DZ11?

We run SysV.0 on both our 780s.  You need to make sure that your DZ11
has entries in /etc/master like this:

dz11	8	277	6	dz	8	0	1	8	5	tty
dzb	8	277	46	dzb	8	0	36	8	5	tty

And then, in our configuration, we have DZs specified in our
definitions file as

dzb	300	160100	5	8
dzb	310	160110	5	8
dzb	320	160120	5	8
dzb	330	160130	5	8
dz11	540	760200	5	8
dz11	550	760210	5	8
dzb	340	160140	5	8
dzb	350	160150	5	8

The above is simply by grep'ing for 'dz' in /etc/master and the defs
file on this system.
--
Karl Kleinpaste