'vi +/mail .login' not on SUN ?? - (nf)

michael at pbinfo.UUCP michael at pbinfo.UUCP
Wed Oct 22 23:54:00 AEST 1986

	What is wrong?

I tried on a SUN 3 to invoke the 'vi' (only for fun(:-) with
the command

	vi +/mail .login

which should (I think) bring up 'vi' with my .login and place
me to the first occurrence of the word "mail". Surprise!! It
said something like 'hit bottom without finding matching pattern',
although this word is definitively in my .login. (I invoked 'vi'
with 'vi .login' and did a '/mail', worked perfect.) I fiddled a
little with " and ', but the result remained the same.

	So, who is wrong: The SUN or I ??

	Michael Schmidt

UUCP:  ...!seismo!unido!pbinfo!michael     |  Post: Michael Schmidt
       or michael at pbinfo.UUCP              |        Universitaet-GH Paderborn
                                           |        FB 17 - Informatik
CSNET: michael%pbinfo.uucp at Germany.CSNET   |        Warburger Str. 100
ARPA:  michael%pbinfo.uucp at seismo.css.gov  |        West Germany