rdumps

Barry Shein bzs at BU-CS.BU.EDU
Fri Oct 24 10:30:58 AEST 1986

Someone asked how long it takes to do an rdump, I just called my
operators and they say a SUN 3/180 with 2 Eagles (380MB each) takes
about 1.5-2 hrs to do a zero level dump (that's .75-1 hrs/eagle.)
Eg. BU-CS which doesn't have a tape drive to BUCSD which does
[SUN/Fujitsu 1600/6250] and is ethernetted to the same DELNI.

I haven't (tho probably should) done any performance enhancements etc
so right out of the box you should get the same thing with the same
equipment. Of course, rdump depends on how full the disk is, BU-CS's
two disks are probably a total of 75% full. We do our dumps in single
user mode (mainly cause it's faster and more predictable and Sat AM.)

	-Barry Shein, Boston University