C on Apple 2e

p40001 at mcomp.UUCP p40001 at mcomp.UUCP
Sat Oct 18 08:40:00 AEST 1986

> Would appreciate any information on the availability of a C compiler
> or interpreter on an Apple 2e microcomputer. Thank You.
> Yaakov Itzikowitz
> System & Site Manager

There are basically two complete compilers available:

1. Aztec C from Manx -- both DOS 3.3 and ProDOS versions. Cost
   ca. $300 for the professional package.

2. HyperC from WSM Group -- ProDOS only.

Both of these are basically K & R with the most common extensions.
I do not have the addresses of the publishers handy, but both advertise
every month in NIBBLE and A+ magazines, so you just go to your nearest
computer/book store and look it up in either of these magazines.

In addition, the publishers of the ORCA assembler package (ByteWorks?) offer a
souped-up Small-C compiler based on Ron Cain's compiler published
in Dr. Dobb's Journal.