VI(1) vs. the world

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Fri Oct 10 08:00:15 AEST 1986

In article <847 at cuuxb.UUCP> mwm at cuuxb.UUCP (Marc W. Mengel) writes:
>And one volley for the other side: I really like to be able to say "15j" to
>go down 15 lines, and "40a -<ESC>" to be able to make an 80 column dashed line.
>Does Emacs, (or any other editor, for that matter) provide this repeat n times
>facility? (this is not a rhetorical question, I don't know...)

This includes inserting text, so while typing text, I can insert a line
of 65 dashes (without having to switch modes twice!) by typing:

    ESC 6 5 -

>P.S. A Challenge to those Other Editor users, I can write a vi macro to
>	reverse the words on a line... can you?

Speaking for EMACS: yes.
--
Larry Campbell            MCI: LCAMPBELL   The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp at harvard.ARPA   120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109