Strange times in log files

James R. Van Artsdalen james at osi3b2.UUCP
Sun Sep 28 15:23:30 AEST 1986

Several of my logs exhibit strange behavior.  The times are printed without
trailing zeros.  This has been observed in the cron, lp and su logs.  I have
not seen this in the uucp logs, but I haven't looked for this specifically
over a long period of time.  The zeros are usually missing, but sometimes
they are printed, with no real evidence as to why it comes and goes (reboots
don't seem to make much difference, but again I have no made systematic enough
observations to be certain of this).  Has anyone else seen this, and does any
know what causes it (and what causes it to go away)?  Here is a segment from
the su log:

SU 9/25 5:55 + tty?? root-root
SU 9/25 5: + contty james-usenet
SU 9/25 8:2 + tty14 jeff-root
SU 9/25 8:22 + tty14 jeff-root
SU 9/25 8:26 + tty14 jeff-donna
--
James R. Van Artsdalen    ...!ut-ngp!utastro!osi3b2!james    Live Free or Die