unix system enhancements

USAFA Geoffm at AFSC-HQ.arpa
Thu Sep 25 08:18:28 AEST 1986

I am interested in enhancing my UNIX system to support the following, but
beofre I start to work I would like to know if anyone has already done
something similar:

	1.  Modify CSH so that it checks for the existence of a system wide
	.cshrc and .login (obviously they could have different names) before
	reading the users .cshrc and .login.  This would allow the system
	manager (me) to create a standard environment without having to write
	each user a .login and .cshrc and still allow the user to modify his
	or her environment if they choose.

	2.  Modify /etc/login so that it checks a file to determine if
	the user is allowed to login over that line or network connection
	or dial-up port at that time of the day.

	3.  And lastly modify the tty driver to support "advising."  This would
	allow root to watch the characters sent to a terminal and have the
	characters that he types inserted into that port's input characte
	stream.

	Thanks,
		geoff
-------