P1003 System V compatible BSD-style job control

Dave Lennert davel at hpda.HP.COM
Tue Sep 23 04:16:16 AEST 1986

In article <3008 at sdcrdcf.UUCP> doon at sdcrdcf.UUCP (Harry W. Reed) writes:
> I've been reading my copy of the P1003 proposal and I can't find any reference
> to setpgrp2(). The one I have was issued in April '86. Has there been a
> later release? And I missing something?

If you're reading the hardcopy, trial-use standard it's not there.
The most recent distribution of the P1003 job control proposal was in
the August mailing to the P1003 Working and Corresponding group (cover
letter dated July 29, 1986, beginning "Dear Colleagues:").

The setpgrp2() function is described there in the proposed update to
section 4.3.

My earlier posting was incorrect in that the TIOCSPGRP ioctl() is
really called TCSPGRP in the "Proposal for General Terminal Interface
and Modem Interface" dated August 6 and contained in the same mailing.
--

    Dave Lennert                ucbvax!hpda!davel               [UUCP]
    Hewlett-Packard - 47UX      ihnp4!hplabs!hpda!davel         [UUCP]