Advice wanted for system swaps

rs at mirror.UUCP rs at mirror.UUCP
Mon Sep 22 12:51:00 AEST 1986

    Some time before the end of January, we will be replacing a Vax 750
    with either a Pyramid or a Sequent.  All machines are or will be
    running BSD Unix.  (We have a Pyramid 90x in-house right now, too.)
    The Vax is our UUCP gateway, and has two Eagles and about two-dozen
    users.

    We figure to schedule things so that we shut down on Friday and are
    back up with the new machine on Monday, but I've never done this
    kind of thing before.  What are good things to do & not do?  Please
    mail to me, and I'll summarize.

    Thanks in advance,
	/r$

----
Rich $alz	rs at mirror.TMC.COM
		{mit-eddie, ihnp4, wjh12, cca, cbosgd, seismo}!mirror!rs
Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA  02140
Telephone:	617-661-0777			"Hi, mom!"