Emulex TC13 w. Kennedy 9400 & mt offl on 4.2 BSD

David W. Vezie dv at well.UUCP
Tue Sep 9 03:56:51 AEST 1986

We have an Emulex TC13 tape controller running a Kennedy 9400 tape
drive on a VAX 11/750 running 4.2 BSD, and have a mildly aggravating
problem.  Whenever anyone runs mt offl (UNLoad the tape), the tape gets
unloaded fine, but the 'mt' hangs until the drive is turned off.

We are using the TS-11 driver (ts.c) (which is another source of
aggravation - because ts.c doesn't support multiple tape densities).

The ts0 is configured as:
controller	zs0	at uba? csr 0172520		vector tsintr
device		ts0	at zs0 drive 0

Is there some other driver that will work better for this combo?  Or is
there some fix to ts.c to fix the problem?  (I'm not concerned as much
about the multiple tape densities as I am about mt offl).

Thanks in advance for any help.
---
David W. Vezie
	    {dual|hplabs}!well!dv - Whole Earth 'Lectronics Link, Sausalito, CA
(4 lines, 113 chars)