need BSD and System V VM/paging expertise

Tim Smith tim at ism780c.UUCP
Sat Sep 6 07:28:46 AEST 1986

In article <429 at rtech.UUCP> daveb at rtech.UUCP (Dave Brower) writes:
>In article <251 at desint.UUCP> geoff at desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>>Some of you may have noticed that I am writing the "UNIX and Real-Time"
>>chapter of "The UNIX Papers".  As part of shooting off my mouth, I find
>>that I need to be able to talk about the System V virtual memory
>>system and compare it to the BSD implementation.  Unfortunately, I don't
>>know much about either, and don't have access to the sources.
>
>At the risk of being flippant, how can you then be qulified to write
>about these subjects?  It sure makes me question the credibility of
>the finished work.

Instead of being flippant, why don't you learn to read what you quote?
Geoff is writing about "UNIX and Real-Time",  which he knows a lot
about.  He states that quite clearly.

Also note that he says he does not have access to the sources.  How do
you expect him to go and read them?  ( at least Geoff *can* read! )
I know that he has in the past had access to many different Unix sources,
and has read them.  He probably just wants to refresh his memory.
--
I admit it!  I don't believe in Mary Worth!  I Lied!  HaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!

Tim Smith       USENET: sdcrdcf!ism780c!tim   Compuserve: 72257,3706
		Delphi or GEnie: mnementh