System V and SIGCLD

M.J.Purdome mjp at sfmag.UUCP
Sun Sep 21 10:16:19 AEST 1986

System V Release 3 has not eliminated SIGCLD.  As a matter of fact, the
WARNING section that existed in previous versions of the documentation
has been removed from the SVR3 man page for signal.

The SVID defines 13 signals that are "standard", and it states that specific
implementations may provide implementation-dependent signals.  I suppose
this includes SIGCLD as well as SIGPOLL (used with STREAMS) and others
that are not listed in the SVID.

--
    Mark Purdome  --  AT&T, 190 River Road A-130, Summit, NJ 07901
                      [ihnp4 | allegra]!attunix!mjp

    disclaimer:  my opinions != AT&T opinions