kernal question

Chris Torek chris at umcp-cs.UUCP
Sat Sep 20 23:24:15 AEST 1986

In article <1027 at batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU>
hurf at batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Hurf Sheldon) writes:
>system: uvaxII, ultrix1.2,
>We are having difficulty getting 8bit output through a dhv11 to
>a HP laserjet. I have found a note ... concerning a fix to dh.c ....

A DH is not a DHV; the drivers are no doubt completely different.
To get eight bit output, set LITOUT mode:

	int set = LLITOUT;

	/* what is the `official' type for the third arg to ioctl? */
	/* I think it has changed several times now... */
	if (ioctl(fd, TIOCLBIS, &set))
		/* gripe */

The driver bugs, which certainly *should* be fixed in Ultrix 1.2,
may be surmounted by re-asserting the baud rate:

	struct sgttyb sg;

	if (ioctl(fd, TIOCGETP, &sg) || ioctl(fd, TIOCSETP, &sg))
		/* gripe */
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Univ of MD Comp Sci Dept (+1 301 454 1516)
UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!chris
CSNet:	chris at umcp-cs		ARPA:	chris at mimsy.umd.edu