Clock keeps correct time by listening to the radio (WWV/WWVH)

David Schachter davids at well.UUCP
Mon Sep 8 13:43:48 AEST 1986

I'm sorry; the system I'm on doesn't know about net.newprod so I'm putting the
new product announcement in the two newgroups that are pertinent.  (See pre-
ceding article.)

My company makes a product that may solve the hassles of shifting Daylight
Savings Time start/stop dates.  The Precision Clock/Time Receiver, Model
OEM-10(tm) receives shortwave radio broadcasts from the U.S. National Bureau
of Standards containing the time and date.  These broadcasts, on radio stations
WWV and WWVH, are converted by the clock into a format suitable for use by
computer systems and output through an RS-232 port.  The N.B.S. transmissions
include a bit which is twitched twice a year, to indicate the start and stop
of Daylight Savings time and the clock has a switch to let you control whether
the bit is accepted or ignored.  (The clock has other switches to let you
control other aspects of its behavior.)  Anyway, before this turns into a sales
pitch, let me give you the address and phone number where you can get more
information, if you want:
                         Precision Standard Time, Inc.
                         2585 Scott Blvd.
                         Santa Clara, CA 95050
                         (408) 980-8001

(If you wonder, I'm the same David who used to work for Daisy Systems.)