DMD software for BSD

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Fri Sep 26 17:14:12 AEST 1986

In article <4155 at brl-smoke.ARPA> Dan Berry <dberry at ucla-locus.arpa> writes:
>Kigen Hasebe from Japan asks me ...
>  I am using AT&T Teletype 5620 DMD with 3B2. Now I want to use 5620 with
>  VAX and BSD's. Is there any software to support 5620 on VAX and
>  BSD's?  I have the source license of 5620 software for UNIX SYSTEM V,
>  but I never want to use SYSTEM V on VAX.

There are two sources that I know of for DMD software for 4.nBSD (n = 2 or 3):
AT&T Teletype Corporation has a "4.2 tape" version of the software, adapted
for native 4.2BSD, and I distribute a version as an optional part of the BRL
UNIX System V emulation (usable from the native Berkeley environment also).
I do have a problem shipping software out of the continental U.S., though.