Law Office Software

Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP at harvard.HARVARD.EDU Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP at harvard.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Sep 16 05:40:07 AEST 1986

> From: Larry Lippman <larry%kitty.uucp at BRL.ARPA>
>
> 	At the moment I am being compelled to offer an opinion on a computer
> system for a medium-sized law office; they want to start out small, and do
> not want to spend the money for a law office automation system (like a product
> of Barrister Information Systems).  For three or four secretaries (and to
> allow for growth), I am inclined to recommend a 3B2 or NCR Tower XP as the
> most COST-EFFECTIVE means of implementing a multi-user system.  Comments,
> anyone?
>
> ==>  Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp., Clarence, New York
> ==>  UUCP:  {allegra|decvax|rocksanne|rocksvax|watmath}!sunybcs!kitty!larry
> ==>  VOICE: 716/688-1231           {hplabs|ihnp4|seismo|utzoo}!/
> ==>  FAX:   716/741-9635 {G1,G2,G3}      "Have you hugged your cat today?"

My brother is a partner in a company that sells some software for Law Offices
that they developed.  It was jointly developed by my cousin, who is a third
year law student, and one of their programmers.  I've not seen it demonstrated
but it sounds quite good; it runs on the IBM PC.  They have offices in New
York, Washington D.C., and Boston.  I don't have the office phone numbers but
those interested can phone my brother, Eric Toxen, at home at 617-596-1695
(in Boston) after 7 PM EDT.

I have no financial interest in his company.

Bob Toxen
Stratus Computer
{ucbvax!ihnp4,harvard}!anvil!bob        (Please use THIS address to reply)
"panic: can't happen"