Apollo intends to support NFS+

SofPasuk at imagen.UUCP SofPasuk at imagen.UUCP
Sat Jan 17 05:27:20 AEST 1987

In article <1701 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, ekrell at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Eduardo Krell) writes:
> I heard from very good sources that Apollo intends to support RFS.
> I guess that if you offer both RFS and NFS, you can't lose.
> --

What would really be nice would be if Apollo gave much better support for
their DomainIX product in general.  Their BSD4.2 isn't real BSD4.2 and their
System V isn't real System V.  The C and Fortran'77 (no flames please) are
very different than what one would otherwise expect on either of the above
UNIX variants on a 680x0 system and present many incompatibilities with
otherwise "portable" UNIX code.  The BSD "lpr" spooler interface code just
doesn't fully work.  The tcp/ip is apparently out of spec, etc.!

(Note:  We have an Apollo network of approximately 50 DN300 and 5 DN330
diskless nodes as well as 8 DSP-80a and 2 DSP-90 fileservers.)

I would be interested in other DomainIX users' experiences in the area
of Apollo's UNIX software support!